I noticed that the manufacturer made a few improvements in the design of this pump. They changed from a screwdriver slot to an allen slot om the end of the shaft for holding the shaft stationary while unscrewing the impeller; a major improvement. I also noticed that a slinger was added to the output shaft side to keep water from reaching the output bearing. Changing the motor shaft to stainless steel would be very helpful in preventing rust damage to the motor shaft; this contributed to the failure of the pump I had to replace. The staff members were very helpful and prompt in ensuring that I ordered the correct unit. The manufacturer had changed the part number so I had some confusion.
Reviewed by: Fred R. from North Carolina.