What you need to know about vinyl.
Every now and then we are asked why some spa cover companies are selling their covers for less? One of the main reasons is the quality of the vinyl. If the quality is inferior, it will not hold up to ultra violet rays, mold and mildew. The vinyl used in all Ideal spa covers is marine-grade vinyl and is ISO 9001 quality certified. It has over twice the mildew and U.V. Resistance as off shore materials and is ozone resistant. This quality makes it the most expensive vinyl you can buy.
What is vinyl?
Vinyl is a plastic made from polyvinyl chloride (PVC). Vinyl is manufactured in different ways, in a number of forms, and in varying qualities for thousands of uses. A vinyl's topcoat holds in plasticizers, softening agents which keep vinyl supple.
1. Rinse with cool water.
2. Wash with soap (not detergent) and water using a soft cloth or sponge. For stubborn dirt, a soft gristle brush may be used.
3. Rinse thoroughly with water and allow to dry.
4. Avoid harsh cleaners, abrasives, petroleum distillates and alcohol's. Using the wrong vinyl "protectant" product is worse than using no vinyl treatment product at all.
303 Aerospace Protectant...
is your best choice for vinyl care. Specifically developed as a UV screening protective treatment for aerospace and aviation applications, "303" provides all the protective features necessary for maintaining vinyl.
303 protected vinyl repels dust, dirt, oils, tree sap and stains to maintain surface
2. 303 protected vinyl restores lost color and luster. Makes faded vinyl look like "factory new" again... and with regular use keeps it that way.
3. 303 protected vinyl stays cleaner longer, cleans up easier.
4. Easy application. Spray on, wipe dry.
5. Safe for rubber, plastic, glass and paint.
Do not use any of the well known car vinyl protectants. They will ruin your new spa cover due to the silicone oil additives.
Without 303, vinyl will fade & crack!
Protected vinyl remains flexible and supple!